All students who have studied at a non-Italian University must follow the procedures indicated in order to complete official enrolment to the University of Rome Tor Vergata.
After application, students who receive an acceptance letter can begin the pre-enrolment procedure at the Italian Embassy/Consulate in their home country.
1. Students must obtain the legalisation and/or AJA Apostille of all academic qualifications (high school diploma; university diploma; university transcripts indicating all exams taken). All documents must be officially translated into Italian and authenticated by the authorities of the country in which they were issued (except for specific international agreements and conventions providing for exemption).
2. The next step is to obtain a Declaration of Value (Dichiarazione di Valore in Loco) of all degrees. Each authenticated and officially translated degree/diploma/academic title must be accompanied by the Declaration of Value (a certificate stating the equivalence –according to Italian parameters- of the earned degree). As an alternative, students can ask for the Statement of Comparability through the CIMEA website
Formal application for a study visa must be made at the Italian diplomatic authority in the student’s country of residence. To apply, students must submit the following:
- formal acceptance letter
- Visa application form
- Passport sized photo
- Passport or travel document valid for at least three months after the visa expiry date
- Proof of means of support in Italy of at least € 450 for each month for the entire academic year
- Declaration of the availability of appropriate lodgings in Italy.